Tiger Woods says he is 'progressing nicely' amid setback claims

24 Feb 2016 15:23

Tiger Woods has posted a video of himself hitting a shot in an indoor simulator following suggestions he had suffered a serious setback in the recovery from his latest back injury.

The 13-second clip on his Twitter account, accompanied by the words "Progressing nicely", follows claims over the weekend that the former world number one found it painful to sit down and was unable to move well.

Although Woods does not specify when the video was taken, the initials TW and the numbers 2/24/16 - indicating today's date - are visible on the simulator screen.

The 40-year-old's agent, Mark Steinberg, had released a statement on Tuesday in response to claims on social media regarding the 14-time major winner.

"The tweets that appeared this weekend about Tiger's health are ridiculous and absolutely false," Steinberg said. "It's reprehensible that every few months someone makes something up and it's treated like a real story.

"Tiger continues to work on his rehabilitation and we will have an accurate update at the appropriate time."

In December, Woods - the owner of 79 PGA Tour titles, the most recent coming at the Bridgestone Invitational in 2013 - reflected on a "tough" 2015.

Speaking on tigerwoods.com, he said: "It was a tough year physically and took a toll on my body.

"I had to battle through a swing pattern change and get that organised, because it was awful at the beginning of the year. I didn't play for the longest time because I was stuck."

He added: "The frustrating part was not being able to build on it throughout the year. To finally have it switch and turn in the last event I played at the Wyndham Championship, and then lo and behold, I can't physically do it any more.

"I've had two back surgeries since then, so it's been a roller-coaster ride the entire year, from being down to some pretty darn good highs."