Seeing as he's one of the form players on the PGA Tour, I thought I'd compile a 'Ten Things You Need To Know About Brian Davis' kind of list. There's not much interesting info to be had on Davis to be honest, so I've thrown in a few red herrings for a laugh. Well, it seemed like a funny idea at the time…
1. His full name is Brian Lester Davis. Lester's not the kind of middle name you hear everyday, is it?
2. A car enthusiast and a sports junkie, Brian is an avid Orlando Magic fan.
3. Davis' wife, Julie, used to be a flight attendant and is the daughter of former England goalkeeper, Ray Clemence.
4. In his spare time, he plays the drums in a Slipknot tribute brand.
5. He's racked up three second-place finishes this year, including that famous playoff loss to Jimbo, where he called a two-shot penalty on himself.
6. Brain has overcome skin cancer not once, but on two occasions. Now that's what I call a trooper.
7. As a schoolboy, Davis won the National Tiddlywinks Championship, until a serious hand injury dashed his aspirations of turning pro.
8. His best finish at a Major came at the '03 Open, where he finished tied sixth.
9. Proving that winning isn't everything, Brian has banked a cool $7,690,620 on the PGA Tour since 2006. Nice work if you can get it.
10. As part of a bet with Boo Weekley, Davis once ate a whole cow.